HIPPY GLASES

HIPPY GLASES
I LOVE MY NEW GLASES

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pom Pom mobile





I have just got back from Tasmania . I made this Pom Pom mobile in Tassie for my Dad's work.


It is going to be FAMOUS in a movie called "THE HUNTER"








How to make a POM POM mobile
You will need.




1. 2 pieces of cardboard




2. Wool




3. Stick




4. Scissors


1. Cut the 2 pieces cardboard into a circle and then draw a little circle in middle.  

2. Then cut out the little circle.You should have 2 circles with holes in them

3. Put both pieces of cardboard together and wrap the wool around the whole of  them going through the small hole in middle. This will join them together.

4. When your circle is full . Cut around the outside of the outside of circle. Try not to drop it.

5. Then cut some wool to wrap around inside the 2 pieces of the cardboard. Pull the  wool really tight and tie a knot.

6.  Take off both pieces of cardboard and now you have your first POM POM

YOU CAN MAKE YOUR MOBILE INTO  ANY DESIGN  AND YOU CAN MAKE AS MANY POM POMS AS YOU LIKE.



THINGS I LIKED ABOUT TASMANIA
Spitting Lamas
The fire
Flying with my sister as an unaccompanied minor and getting smarties
Having a yellow bath
Making things and drawing
Hot chocolates
Toasted marshmallows by the fire
Exploring 
Laughing lots
Seeing Alannah Hill and Edward


THINGS I DON'T LIKE ABOUT TASMANIA
everyone  had to work
craft fair was boring
2 splinters in one day
Missing out on dressing up for  Halloween
Smelly cigarettes 



7 comments:

  1. I wish I had a mobile like that - I love pom poms!
    have you ever tried making them out of scraps of vintage fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ivy i'd just like to say the lama is a little upset tonight. He pulled me aside on the home to explaine that he's actually an alpaca and his spitting is really just an expression of love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ivy
    Love the pom poms too! I wonder if Charlie can make one?
    How come your bath was yellow?
    Tasmania is cool - did you go to the Salamanca markets?
    I bought Max a puzzle there with pieces in the shape of M A X

    Love to your mum
    xoxox
    sarah mortess

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to seeing the pom pom mobile in the film - clever you
    love Ju JU

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the box and the pom poms

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Pom Poms. Lucky you get to go to so many cool places!
    Love
    genevieve
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. IVY!!!! Happy holiday's. Lucas and I (not to mention our guinea pigs) are awaiting another of your fabulous posts! For ideas for Xmas presents. Today we went to the textile district in LA for fabric for presents... you and Olive will love your's. Hopefully we will come for a visit this summer (winter to you).
    xx
    Genevieve

    ReplyDelete